MetaTool Image Editor – 12 Tips & Tricks
The MetaTool Image Editor is optimized for high speed document image editing.
It features many short cuts to help increase productivity. Hovering over the buttons shows a tool tip explaining its short cuts.
Below list shows a short overview of all short cuts and some tips & tricks to make best use of the MetaTool Image Editor.
1. Always keep the “Select Tool” selected and…
- by holding SHIFT, you can temporarily switch to ZOOM
- by holding CTRL, you can temporarily switch to PAN
- by holding CTRL+SHIFT, you can temporarily switch to the COLOR PICKER
- Releasing SHIFT or CTRL instantly switches the tool back to Select
2. Fit shortcuts
- Press F to Fit to Page
- Press W to fit to Width
- Press H to fit to Height
- Press 1 to show image 100% (1 pixel on the screen = 1 pixel of the image)
3. SPACE (right handed people) or ENTER (left handed people)
- confirms the action (crop, or erase inside or outside)
- moves to the next page to be edited
4. SHIFT+SPACE or SHIFT+ENTER
- goes back to the last edited page.
5. You can change the action even while you draw a selection, by pressing
- I = Inside Erase
- O=Outside Erase
- ESC=Clear selection
6. Rotate Shortcuts
- Left = Left Arrow key
- Right = Right Arrow key
- 180° = Up or Down Arrow key
7. Delete Page = DEL key
8. Automatic color mode…
- will select the color where you start drawing the selection to erase inside or outside the selection.
- You can preview the detected color in the square next to the color picker tool.
9. Shortcut for UNDO = BACKSPACE key or CTRL+Z
10. UNDO works in three steps
- Undo Step 1 = Undo the last action and keep the selection so you can change action with the same selection
- Undo Step 2 = Clears the selection
- Undo Step 3 = Restores the original image
11. The sticky selection option (magnet), places the last used selection on the next image.
- Toggle Sticky Selection ON or OFF by pressing the T key.
12. In the setup of the image editor, you can predefine a pixel precise selection.
- You can always place the default selection by pressing the D key.