With this CaptureBites™ connector you can export a single batch to up to ten different destinations. This is very useful if you want to send scanned documents to a variety of destinations such as a file server, an external drive for backup, to an FTP or SFTP server, to email, etc.
Per destination, you can precisely define which pages in your documents need to be exported and whether the images should be exported in color or black & white.
Exporting a multi-stream of images in both color and black & white is often required for processing them with OCR, OMR or Bar Code recognition. Those systems require good black & white TIF images.
However the images also need to be stored as color searchable PDF in a document management system for later reference.
Another example: Documents should be emailed as compact black & white PDFs and color PDF files should be stored in SharePoint.
Each stream can be output as PDF, PDF/A, searchable and/or super compressed or TIFF.
Per destination you can export:
- All pages
- Specific pages based on their page number. For example specifying 1-3 means page 1 to 3 of each document. Or specifying -1 means the last page of each document.
- Specific pages based on their size. For example, below screen shot shows destination number 4 exporting all A3 pages (29.7 cm x 42 cm) or Ledger sized pages (11″ x 17″) to the folded form splitter
- A color version of some or all the pages
- A black & white version of some or all the pages
When you install the Multi-Export connector it comes with 2 demo jobs, called CaptureBites Multi Stream Color & BW and CaptureBites Multi-Export.
1. CaptureBites Multi Stream Color & BW Demo Job
Open Kofax Express and open the CaptureBites Multi Stream Color & BW job. It comes with a pre-scanned batch of a variety of business documents.
Export the batch and find the result on your desktop in the folder …\Desktop\CaptureBites after Export\Multi Stream
Color images are output in JPG and black & white images in TIF. Of course you can easily change the output format to PDF for each of the streams and freely define the naming of folders and files.
2. CaptureBites Multi-Export Demo Job
The documents in the demo are related to statistical information about the health of children. The complete document needs to be stored on a secure file server in PDF/A format and the individual charts need to be saved as separate PDF files for analysis by third parties who, for privacy reasons, are not allowed to see the full file but only the individual charts.
The demo accomplishes this by exporting each document 6 times. Once as a whole document, and 5 destinations for each of the 5 chart types. The demo exports to the CaptureBites after Export folder on your desktop.
This is the way the document looks like in Kofax Express before export:
After exporting the document with the CaptureBites Multi Export connector, you’ll find 6 PDF files in the CaptureBites after Export folder on your desktop like this:
- Send compact black & white versions via email and archive in color PDF in SharePoint
- Send black & white images to an OCR recognition system and color to a DMS system like Alfresco.
- Export to DMS of choice and export batch statistics to Database or Excel table
- Export full text of each Document as a TXT file per document as an additional destination to enable full text search in DMS systems supporting this feature.
- Export batch as bookmarked PDF and as individual PDF files
- Export as searchable super compressed PDF to SharePoint and as PDF-A to a secure file server for archival and backup
The download installs a functional version of this CaptureBites connector. It also includes some demo images and a demo job to show the functionality.
In demo mode, a demo seal will be stamped in all exported images. You can switch the demo version to full production mode by entering an activation code which you can purchase from our partners. You can continue using any of the jobs you configured in demo mode after activation of the software.