Combined with Kofax Express, AutoBites™ automates the import, processing and export of document images. Images can be processed with VRS, Bar codes recognized and documents delivered to a document management system, database or email inbox of choice. All this in a fully automatic way.
Watch the 5 minute movie to learn about AutoBites and how it can be used with network scanners.
- Conversion of existing document image archives to searchable super-compressed PDF files. The original folder and file naming structure can be preserved or changed.
- VRS Processing of document images produced with multifunctional devices to improve image quality, crop, deskew and auto-rotate images. Index data typed in on the front panel can be used in Kofax Express index fields.
- Processing of incoming faxes through a fax server, reading bar codes from faxes and dispatching them to a document management and/or email inboxes of choice.
- VRS processing of documents scanned with a book scanner.
- Compressing document images stored in the cloud to increase access speed considerably and reduce cloud storage space
- Convert electronic PDF files to TIFF images for archival purposes
- Convert image files to PDF/A compliant files for archival purposes
- Watch an unlimited number of sub folder levels
- Use sub folder names or original file names in Kofax Express index fields
- Import TIF (single and multi page), PDF(single and multi page), JPG and BMP images.
- Multiple formats can be mixed in a single folder
- Import both color and black and white images
- Import electronic PDF files (text based PDF files, also known as PDF Normal)
- Pair documents with an XML file to pass through index data typed in on the front panel of a networked scanner or MFP
- Create a document per incoming file or use any of the Kofax Express document separation methods (blank sheets, patch codes, bar codes or page counting)
- Process documents with VRS to deskew, image enhance, auto-delete blanks, auto-rotate etc.
- Read bar codes and use them to name or index documents
- Combine with any of the CaptureBites connectors to digitally imprint, split booklets or folded forms, email documents, export to database, dual export etc.
- Use any of the standard Kofax Express connectors to output processed documents
- Output processed documents in exactly the same structure and file naming as the original input structure and file naming or define it in any other way required
- Leverages Kofax Express background export for staging batches to optimize document processing speed
- Leverages Kofax Express multi-core processing for parallel VRS processing
- Leverages Kofax Express multi-core processing for parallel OCR processing to generate searchable PDF files
Easy to Use
- Start AutoBites
- Select a Kofax Express Job in AutoBites
- Start processing documents automatically
Easy to Setup
- Define a Kofax Express FolderScan Job and set VRS, separation, bar code, indexing and export options
- Adjust some self-explanatory settings in AutoBites or simply use the defaults
- Point AutoBites to a watched folder and start processing incoming document images automatically